Who we are
This Privacy Notice describes how Swindon Asbestos Surveying Ltd collects and uses personal data. It applies to (prospective) customers (including delegates attending training courses) and (potential) stakeholders of SAS.
• References to “us”, “we”, “our” or “SAS” are to:
SAS Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 0593002) with a registered address at 70 Southbrook Street. Swindon, SN2 1HG, United Kingdom.
• SAS acts as data controller in respect of your personal data that we process. Our Privacy and Data Compliance Officer is Jayne O’Sullivan. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice and how we use your personal data, please get in touch with us via the contact details below:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1793 432090
• This Privacy Notice supersedes any previous Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure that it remains accurate. If we do so, we will provide you with an updated copy of this notice as soon as reasonably possible.
• This Privacy Notice was last updated on 05 November 2020.
What data do we collect
The personal data that we collect will depend on your relationship with us. Please see below for detailed information regarding the types of information we collect and use about you.
Customers / prospective customers:
• Name, (business) address, job title, email address, telephone number, and (if applicable) employer name.
• Qualifications certificates and number reference which may contain pictures and an individual’s date of birth.
Delegates (customers) attending public training courses:
• Name, address, phone numbers, employer name (if applicable).
• National Insurance Numbers for the purpose of providing individual document identification.
• Information about disability, medical conditions, allergies to facilitate
Stakeholders /potential stakeholders:
• Name, employer, phone numbers, address, email, job title.
Who do we collect your data from
We collect your personal data:
• Directly from yourself via the information you provide to us.
• From your company / employer.
• Publicly available sources, such as:
• Social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and You tube
• Web searches
What are the purposes and legal grounds for using your data
We collect and use your personal data for several different purposes:
• To prepare a quotation for you regarding the services we offer.
• To provide you with the services as set out in our Standard Terms of Business and our contract with you or as otherwise agreed with you from time to time.
• To deal with any complaints or feedback you may have or are involved with.
• To meet our compliance and regulatory obligations and as required by tax authorities or any competent court or legal authority.
• For marketing to you. Please see the separate section on Marketing below.
• Training and performance monitoring of our staff.
• For the administration and management of our business, including but not limited to organising public training courses, recovering debts and archiving or statistical analysis.
• Seeking advice on our rights and obligations, such as where we require our own legal advice.
For each purpose, we must have a legal ground for such processing. In respect of your personal data, the legal grounds we rely on are:
• Our performance of a contract with you.
• Us having an appropriate business need to use your data, and such need does not overly prejudice you.
• You have given your explicit consent for us to use your personal data.
• Us having a legal or regulatory obligation to use your data; and the necessity to use your data to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.